How to activate CloudFlare?
There are two ways to activate CloudFlare for an account:
- Use the CloudFlare within cPanel.
- Sign up on CloudFlare's web site directly.
When you activate CloudFlare using the cPanel plugin, WordPlus.host manages your web site's DNS settings. You can quickly and easily enable and disable CloudFlare for your domain and subdomains from within cPanel, as well as view basic site statistics.
When you activate CloudFlare directly from their web site, CloudFlare manages your web site's DNS settings, and you use the CloudFlare site to manage settings for your domains. You cannot use the cPanel plugin to manage CloudFlare.
Which activation method you use depends on how you want to manage your CloudFlare and DNS settings (that is, from within cPanel or by logging into a separate site). Of course, if your account does not include cPanel, then you must activate CloudFlare using their web site.
Method #1: Activating CloudFlare from cPanel
To activate CloudFlare for your web site using the cPanel plugin, follow these steps:
- Log in to control panel.
- In the right column of the control panel home screen, click ServerShield by CloudFlare.
- In the Your Email text box, type your e-mail address and then click .
- On the Activate CloudFlare page under CloudFlare Status, click the gray cloud icon next to the root domain you want to enable.
- When CloudFlare activation is complete, the cloud icon turns orange.
Method #2: Activating CloudFlare directly from their web site
To activate CloudFlare directly from their web site, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to https://www.cloudflare.com.
- Click Sign up.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and provide the requested information.
- After your account is activated, manage CloudFlare by logging into their web site. You cannot use the control panel plugin to manage CloudFlare for your account.
For more information about CloudFlare, please visit https://www.cloudflare.com.
Was this answer helpful?
Railgun is a WAN optimization technology that we offer our hosting customers in partnership...
CloudFlare is a free service that accelerates and secures your website by acting as a proxy...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution